TheTalk is designed for middle school age children and their parents.
- TheTalk is designed for middle school age children and their parents.
- There are 5 two-hour sessions, the first being a mandatory Parent-Only Preview. Parents and kids attend the subsequent 4 sessions together.
- Each group requires a Coordinator who works directly with TheTalk Instructor/Facilitator to arrange dates, locations and invite list. (Please see “To Coordinate” for further information).
- TheTalk is held in comfort of the home, as participants host each session in their family or living rooms. Sometimes, one family will host all five sessions and sometimes several families will share hosting duties. (Please see “Hosting a Session of TheTalk” for further information.)
- The cost is $200 per parent child ($150 for any additional child per family) due at registration.
- There is a minimum requirement of 10 pairs per group and a maximum of 15.
- Boys and girls groups are held separately.
- Both moms and/or dads are welcome to attend with their son or daughter.
- After school, evening and weekend times are available.
- Contact TheTalk to check available dates and times. Keep in mind, there are 5 total sessions, with the first being a Parent Only Preview.
- Develop a list of friends, classmates, teammates, troop members, neighbors, etc. that you would like to invite. Getting 10-15 busy family schedules in sync is a challenge, so think big. The more people you invite, the greater the chances of reaching the 10 participant minimums.
- Forward your list to TheTalk and we will send a personalized invitation on your behalf with a link to TheTalk website, selected dates/times/location(s), along with registration information.
- Decide where TheTalk will be held. Sometimes, one family will host all five sessions and sometimes several families will share hosting duties.
- Sometimes groups combine – please let TheTalk know if this is an option for you and we’ll put you in touch with other Talk participants of the same age, sex and general geographic area.
- Generally, TheTalk is held in the family or living room with access to a television via USB cord (provided by the TheTalk instructor). If a television is unavailable, please notify TheTalk and one can be provided.
- Seating needs to be parent-child-parent-child, as opposed to parent-child-child-parent. Please arrange the seating accordingly.
- There is a short break during each two-hour session. Your group can coordinate who will provide snacks and beverages.
- Please keep snacking limited to the 10-minute snack break. It can become a distraction during the instructional time.
- If you have pet(s), please keep them from being a disturbance.
- Internet access is needed for Session 3.
- TheTalk Instructor will arrive 10 minutes early to set up.
“We absolutely benefitted from TheTalk, without a doubt! Although adults think we can talk to our kids about sex and everything about it, there is NO WAY we could cover all the topics in a way that makes the kids and parents comfortable. It was perfect, really! Thank you so much for this amazing experience.”